Food must be safe and free from pathogenic germs, therefore food safety is essential. From the transportation and storage of products, the production and preparation of food, right through to the sale – every stage must comply with HACCP guidelines. Testo offers numerous measuring instruments and all-in-one solutions to ensure food quality and safety at all times. These are ideal for recording and documenting the relevant measurement parameters such as temperature, cooking oil quality and humidity as well as for creating measurement reports.
Food safety: Keeping food safe with reliable measuring technology
Testo’s high-quality measuring technology for improving food safety:
- Offers you optimum support in fulfilling the HACCP concept
- Can be used for the early detection of limit value violations – so you can respond swiftly
- Enables continuous monitoring and complete documentation of your cold chain
- Is intuitive to use, with a practical design and robust construction
- Has established itself as a reliable partner for accurate measurement results
- Whether you need a hand-held measuring instrument, a data logger or an all-in-one solution – we have the right solution for every measuring task
Food safety in food service
Food safety in logistics and trade
Food safety in production and via regular checks
Do you have any questions?
Food: Safety first
Particularly high safety standards apply when it comes to the production, storage, processing and preparation of food. These involve keeping food and drink as free as possible from all germs and harmful pathogens, and this can only succeed if every stage is monitored. Temperature and humidity in the storage rooms must be permanently monitored. If there are discrepancies, immediate action is needed to protect consumers and provide them with safe food. Not only is it important for all products to carry appropriate labelling indicating their origin or special storage and preservation measures, but it is also important, for example, that the cold chain is maintained without interruption. This must be verifiable in the interests of food safety. This is not possible with a simple thermometer. It requires modern temperature data loggers that record the measured data. Thanks to wireless connections, you can now even monitor cold rooms without any cable connections. The measured data can be read conveniently and independent of location via the cloud software.
In the context of food safety, the entire cold chain must also be verifiable, and it must also be possible to monitor transportation on a constant basis.
The following guidelines of the HACCP concept are traceable and verifiable using the measuring instruments for food safety:
- Hazard analysis
- Identification of critical control points
- Introduction and application of a monitoring system
- Implementation of corrective measures in the event of deviations from the limit values
- Implementation of evaluation measures
- Preparation of documentation
Consumers: Protected by food safety measuring instruments
Health and food safety go hand in hand
Safety and efficiency
Food monitoring: Also possible at home
Complete food safety needs to not only be guaranteed by the producer, purchaser and processor, but it can also be applied at home. Here, thermometers for insertion come into play, and these indicate the core temperature of food. For example, when roasting meat and needing to ensure that the right temperature is attained inside it, private users as well as professional restaurateurs can make use of a penetration thermometer. However, Testo’s model is not only suitable for checking solid foods, but can also be used to measure the temperature of liquids. The advantages are as follows:
- Safe preparation at a sufficiently high temperature
- No destruction of the cooked food
- Accurate and fast measurements possible